Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Raw yogurt creation

We are seriously lacking in groceries at my house today.  In a rush for breakfast, and with no juice ingredients or fruit for me to eat I grabbed an avocado. For a moment, I wondered what the hell I was going to do to make an avocado into an easy, tasty breakfast on the go...I suppose having such a challenge is what breeds creativity because I am pretty sure I came up with raw yogurt off the top of my head this morning due to a lack of apples!  So here's what I did:  I took a whole avocado, peeled and pitted, and mashed it up, then I added juice from about a 1/4 of a lime, some agave nectar (maybe about a tablespoon, i just gave a good squeeze), and a little bit of sea salt.  I mixed it all up in a tupperware and ate it in the car (with a spoon, obviously!)  I couldn't believe what I had ended up with, it was sweet and tangy and creamy!  The combination of the lime juice with the agave nectar and the creaminess of the avocado was like eating yogurt.  Im going to keep making this and try with a little bit of vanilla too to see how close to vanilla yogurt I can get.  I bet it would also be good with lemon instead of lime and even more of the citrus juice to make it more like lime or lemon "yogurt."  Yum!


Enjoy. : )


Currently Listening to- Turn On Billie-The Pierces

No comments:

Post a Comment