Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Raw "Chicken Salad"

I tried a recipe today that I got from purelydelicious.net and I am so excited about it that I had to write about it before I even washed my plate. : )
I switched the recipe up a little based on what I had available at my house so here is my version of cashew "chicken" salad
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup raw pecans
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 celery stick chopped
1 small shallot, peeled and chopped (the recipe called for 2 green onions)
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tsp dried dill
1/4 tsp curry powder
1 tsp (ish) agave nectar (recipe called for 1/2 small apple, chopped but  I was out and don't like to put fresh fruit in with other foods anyway..)
sprinkling of sea salt to taste


Throw everything in a food processor and process for a couple of seconds to chop and mix everything, don't over process so you can keep some crunch in there!   I served mine in 1/2 of a red bell pepper which gave it lots of crunch and added some flavor.  This was so so good, I'm stuffed. : )


Ps. this is day three without a latte, I can officially say that I consume absolutely nothing processed 100% of the time. YES!


Currently listening to: I wanna be free-Femi Kut

No comments:

Post a Comment