Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Favorite Sandwich, Naked!

In my transition in to raw food living I had a favorite sandwich that I would eat probably at least 3 times a week: sprouted grain bread, avocado, alafalfa sprouts, red onion, tomato and dijon mustard.  Now, for those of you transitioning and still eating sprouted grain products, go for it, make that sandwich (toast the bread!) and enjoy.  BUT for those of us who are leaning more towards all raw and prefer to skip the bread, I present you my naked sandwich (salad):
Dressing:
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons dijon mustard
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 packets stevia
Freshly ground pepper to taste


Blend all ingredients in a blender and pour some over..
Romaine lettuce
Alfalfa sprouts
Thinly sliced red onions
Chopped cucumbers
Halved grape tomatoes
1/2 a ripe avocado chopped up


(The portions of the veggies or variety of veggies are completely up to you!)
Enjoy!


Eat Happy! : )

Music to listen to: Ball and Chain-Sublime

No comments:

Post a Comment