Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Raw Tacos

 I am currently sitting across the table watching my step-father, who i mentioned really likes chicken wings and steak, eat raw cheesey tacos, a recipe I made tonight from Natalia Rose's book Life Force Energy.  He actually said "these are good!" without being asked...good news!
In other news, I am currently doing lots of research on raw food preparation and am seeking out tons of new recipes to try, taste, and talk about here!  I have so far looked at two books; The Complete Book of Raw Food by Julie Rodwell and Everyday Raw by Matthew Kenney.  Both books were pretty good, the first has a ton of info and is very helpful and both have tons of tempting recipes.  Both books however are dominated by recipes that need lots of preparation and equipment like a dehydrator so I wouldn't highly recommend them unless you are ready to spend some time in the kitchen. 
I'll leave you some recipes for the tacos and the two versions of juice i've had...I've had to improvise a little because we were low on groceries.....Have a lovely day. : )


Cheesey Tacos:
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 tbsp minced garlic
fresh squeezed juice from one lime
1 cup raw corn cut from cob
1 cup diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste (sea salt and fresh ground black pepper)
I cup shredded raw cheddar-style goat cheese or sliced avocado
Cabbage or Lettuce leaves, whole to use as a wrap


Mix the first six ingredients together. Put mixture into a cabbage/lettuce leaf with either avocado slices or the cheese, wrap up and enjoy!!


Juice:
1 cucumber
bunch of spinach
2 oranges, peeled


and another...
1 head romaine lettuce
5-6 stalks kale
2 oranges, peeled
 
Both versions were decent...but not my fave.




Song of the day:  Smoke by Free Henry!  Mom and I just can't get it out of our heads...ugh!  

No comments:

Post a Comment