Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Get Juicing!

If you are a raw foodist, an aspiring raw foodist, or just someone who wants to be healthy, you should be consuming green juice!!!

In my quest for optimal health, I have discovered the importance of consuming “green juice” on a regular basis. I really didn’t believe that I could stick to juicing because I am pretty lazy, BUT I actually found that juicing is kinda fun to do, and the cleaning process really is not bad at all.  PLUS, the health benefits from consuming green juice are pretty astounding, and I can tell you first hand that my body feels great when I consume green juice daily.  I can’t even describe it, but I swear I can feel my body thanking me and getting healthier with every sip. If you are interested in maximum health, you should get some freshly extracted vegetable and fruit juice into your life.  

I promise you I would never recommend eating/drinking something that tastes disgusting because I believe very strongly in the enjoyment and fun of eating.  I have included the recipe for my favorite green juice, “Green Lemonade” from Natalia Rose’s book in this blog, it has also been mentioned previously on my site since its an integral part of my diet.

               Why You Should Get Some Green Juice in Your Life:

·      Fresh vegetable juice is the most live-enzyme rich thing you can consume.

·      Freshly extracted vegetable juice is the most easily absorbable form of nutrition available on the planet.

·      Consume the organic water, chlorophyll, and enzymes from the greens without having to eat huge heaps of greens.

·      All the chlorophyll, organic minerals, and enzymes in green juices will neutralize acidity in the body.

·      Nutrients you get from drinking juice freshly extracted from leafy greens include: calcium, iron, protein, magnesium, potassium, folate, and lots o’ vitamins!

·      Barely any digestive energy is expended because the fiber is removed.   The enzymes go straight to the cellular level and get to work cleansing your body.

·      Access concentrated nutrients and enzymes that are trapped inside the fibers of the vegetables and not easily accessibly by the body until they are released by the juicer.

·      Organic hydration-you are getting water derived from plant sources which has minerals that are easily absorbed. 

·      Bottled juices have been pasteurized so all of the live enzymes are gone.

                                Tips on Juicing:

·      Consume on an empty stomach (first thing in the morning, 30 minutes before or after fresh fruit, or 3-4 hours after a properly combined meal).

·      Drink your juice as soon as possible after making it.  Its very perishable and the integrity of the enzymes get compromised quickly due to oxidation from air exposure.

·      Get a decent juicer.  I bought a pretty cheap one at Target and have had absolutely no problem with.  I have read, however, that Breville juicers are the best and make the juicing process an easy one.  If you can afford it, get a Breville.  If not look for one that has a large mouth so you can put whole produce in it, discards pulp to keep things from getting clogged, and is easy to clean.  You can purchase your juicer right here,http://weebly-link/26964851 !

·      I recommend consuming some green juice (such as the green lemonade recipe below) in the morning as the first thing you put in your body.  Starting your day off with something so good for you really helps get you going in the right direction for the rest of the day.  Also, its good to give your body something easy to digest in the morning so you aren’t wasting energy trying to deal with a heavy breakfast!

 

Green Lemonade:

1 head romaine lettuce (cucumber, celery, or spinach can also be used)

5-6 stalks kale (collard greens, chard, or any other dark leafy green is cool)

1-2 sweet organic apples (gotta love Fujis!)

1 whole organic lemon-yes, you can leave the peel on!

 

Process each ingredient through the juicer and enjoy!   Trust me, the lemon and the apple completely take away from the green-ness!

Eat Happy. : )

Listen to: New York City-Moe.

No comments:

Post a Comment