Friday, May 15, 2009

My First Green Smoothie!

I am a firm believer in juicing my greens.  It makes so much sense to get the nutrients easily, without all the fiber and needing to go through extra digestion.  I will never, ever give up drinking Green Lemonade .  BUT, today I was hungrier than usual, craving a smoothie, and eager to get outside to enjoy the beautiful day.  Plus, I simply must get away from the computer and devote some time to reading my new raw book that I shall be reviewing for you in the next couple of days!  I was perusing around the raw food online network and came across lovingraw.com  and read about Philip and his daily green smoothie.  Tah-dah!  There was the answer to my cravings and hunger this morning.  I was nervous about it, but I set out to make something that I would actually enjoy drinking and that had some of my essential greens in it. 

 This smoothie is definitely worth drinking!   It is very, very tasty and really easy to make.  Plus, set-up and clean-up for a blender is way easier than the juicer....This may be my new addiction.

Tropical Kale Smoothie (2 servings, or 1 mega serving)

2 bananas
1/2 ripe mango
about 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
3-4 stalks kale
handful of ice (I didn't use ice but my smoothie could have used a chill)
a little bit of water to get things moving.

Chop everything up to help your blender out a bit.  Throw everything in the blender and blend really well.  Enjoy your health in a glass! 

Music Fix: Share-Bag of Toys

Eat Happy. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment