Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ginger Miso Dressing!


I have been trying to come up with ways to dress a salad that don't involve tons of oil and/or nuts lately.  It's tough!  Some of my favorite dressings are nut-based and it seems like everything else has at least 1/2 cup of oil in it!  Having lunch at Papaya the other day, however, I was served a salad with a very light and incredibly good miso ginger dressing.  I figured I could re-create it pretty easily and not use too much fat, and I was right!  

Miso Ginger Dressing
1/4 cup white miso
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons raw agave nectar
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons water.

Whisk together the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.  Slowly whisk in the sesame oil until completely integrated.  Then whisk in the water (you can add more if you want to dilute the dressing more).  Drizzle over a salad and enjoy!  I threw mine over a salad of: romaine lettuce, red onions, cucumber, tomato, red pepper, shredded carrots, and bean sprouts.  Brilliant. : )


Music Fix-Dry the Rain-The Beta Band....High Fidelity anyone!? 


1 comment:

  1. I have the same issue with trying to dress salads without nut/oil dressing. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete